Active Parenting is an educational program that assists parents with the challenges of effective child rearing, while focusing on the needs of parents and children. Parents attend four group classes conducted by a counselor from Family Services Counseling Center to learn about:
- Styles of parenting
- Communication and cooperation
- Discipline and responsibility
- Power, courage and self-esteem
Classes are held each Wednesday from 6:00pm to 7:30pm at Family Services Counseling Center. A certificate is issued upon completion of all four classes.
Here’s what some past Active Parenting participants have had to say about the program:
“Active Parenting taught me how to have higher parenting skills, and the classes made me more confident and knowledgeable.”
“I honestly believe that this class helped me to be a better and more informed parent. I would like to thank the counselors for the time and understanding they have shown me.”
Here are some points to remember about Active Parenting:
- No childcare is provided. Please do not bring children to the class.
- All classes begin on time.
- No refunds.
- A certificate is issued upon completion of all four classes.
Please contact the Counseling Center to pre-register and for pricing information.