Family Services offers an educational program that assists adults and teens with anger management. Individuals aged 12-17 attend eight group classes and have several meetings with a counselor or facilitator. Adults (18 and over) attend 18 group classes conducted by a counselor from Family Services Counseling Center to learn about:
- Symptoms of anger
- Ways to cope with anger
- How to have more positive reactions to everyday stress
- Making a plan to deal with anger
Adult Anger Management Classes – We have separate classes for men and women over the age of 18 each Tuesday from 6pm-7:30pm at the Family Services Counseling Center.
Teen Anger Management Classes – Classes are each Monday from 6pm to 7:15pm at the Family Services Counseling Center.
Here’s what some past Anger Management participants have had to say about the program:
“Let me start by saying I am VERY thankful to have had this experience. With that being said, I don’t have the words to describe my counselor. This man is, without a doubt, the most genuine, caring and understanding individual I have ever encountered. He showed me it was OK no to be perfect but to strive for it everyday. I believe now that I can help others like myself.”
Here are some points to remember about Anger Management
- No childcare is provided. Please do not bring children to the class.
- All classes begin on time.
- No refunds.
- A certificate is issued upon completion of all classes.
- Groups are open-ended, meaning that new clients can enter an ongoing group at any time.
Please contact the Counseling Center to pre-register and for pricing information.