How important is marriage to Texans?
According to a 2008 Baseline Report of Marriage and Divorce:
2004 Texas Marriage Facts:
What is a healthy marriage?
According to the Administration for Children and Families, healthy marriage can be defined as:
- Both partners participate in the definition of the relationship.
- There is a strong marital bond characterized by levels of both closeness and autonomy.
- The spouses are interested in each other’s thoughts and feelings.
- The expression of feelings is encouraged.
- The inevitable conflicts that do occur do not escalate or lead to despair.
- Problem-solving skills are well developed.
- Most basic values are shared.
- The ability to deal with change and stress is well developed.
More Information On What Makes A Healthy Marriage