A healthy and promising future for every child!
Kids Connection provides a safe place for children to learn vital life skills that will show them how to make healthy choices, overcome adversity, and stay drug-free while gaining a greater understanding of themselves and others. Kids Connection, a ten-week curriculum, teaches the group process, helps kids learn the special qualities of each participant, identify feelings and how to express them in healthy ways, avoid confrontation, build self-confidence, set goals, make healthy life choices, maintain healthy friendships, and take care of themselves.
What’s it all about?
- First Week – Getting to Know You
- Second Week – A Celebration of Me
- Third Week – Feelings
- Fourth Week – Handling Anger
- Fifth Week – Dreams & Goal Setting
- Sixth Week – Make Healthy Choices
- Seventh Week – Friends
- Eight Week- Resisting Negative Peer Pressure
- Ninth Week – Putting It All Together
- Tenth Week – Celebration & Commitment
Click here for an Up-To-Date list of items needed for our children. Teachers, counselors, and principals will refer students to the program. Family Services will provide the supplies. Kids Connection is currently serving Jefferson, Orange, and Hardin counties.
If you are interested in bringing the Kids Connection Program to your school or if you have any questions, contact Family Services of Southeast Texas, Inc. at (409) 833-2668.